Atrium Medical Center Volunteer Programs
Atrium Medical Center (Atrium) volunteer positions are available in more than 40 departments and service areas. It's our goal to find the best match for each Atrium volunteer's skills and interests.
Some Atrium volunteers are eager to work directly with patients while others prefer to work "behind the scenes" with little or no patient contact. Some positions involve helping children; others involve working with the elderly. Some volunteer assignments are hospital-based; others may be off-site at one of our affiliated facilities in the community like the Lebanon Sports Medicine Center.
There are a wide variety of volunteer positions, including:
- Clerical assistance
- Emergency Trauma Center
- Family Birth Center
- Floor volunteer on nursing units
- Friend Program
- Hilltop Gift Shop
- Information desk receptionist
- Mail cart service
- Nutrition Beverage Service
- Patient registration escorts
- Patient services
- Pet Therapy
- Surgery waiting rooms
Atrium Auxiliary Middletown
The Atrium Auxiliary Middletown is a group of hospital volunteers that supports Atrium and its programs through special fundraising efforts and active service.
The Auxiliary sustains these ongoing hospital services:
- Books for children in the Emergency Department
- Hats for babies and chemotherapy patients (yarn supplied by the Auxiliary)
- Health career scholarships for high school seniors and college students
The Atrium Auxiliary also funds many hospital projects through various activities and events. Auxiliary funds are generated from sales at the Hilltop Gift Shop and from fundraising events such as flower, jewelry, and book sales. Auxiliary gifts to the hospital may range from $25,000 to $100,000 per year.
The proceeds from recent Atrium Auxiliary fundraising efforts have been used to purchase:
- $100,000 pledge for the Cardiac Surgery Center at Atrium Medical Center
- Equipment for Emergency Trauma Center trauma rooms
- Bio Z machine for monitoring heart patients
- Digital colposcope to help nurses document evidence for rape victims
- Bus and playground equipment for the Children's Center
- Telemetry equipment for the Family Birth Center
All Atrium volunteers are invited to join the Auxiliary. The annual membership fee is $10.
Content Updated: November 18, 2014