Why Atrium Medical Center?
Atrium Family Birth Center offers board certified doctors and highly-qualified nurses who provide both normal and high-risk care. Our nurses are experienced in obstetrics and neonatal care.
Advanced Technology and Experienced Team
We know that childbirth is a very personal experience, not only for mom and baby, but for the entire family. Our birthing and maternity services combine the comfort of home with advanced technology and experienced medical staff Whether you are thinking about having a baby or are already pregnant, we offer a variety of maternity services catered to your needs.
Maternity services at Atrium include:
- Experienced team – highly-trained, responsive physicians, nurses and certified nurse midwives
- Flexible birthing options – equipped to support you in a variety of laboring and birthing styles
- Pain management options – a large variety of non-medicated and medicated options
- C-section room – designed specially to accommodate moms having C-sections
- Education – large selection of birth and family education classes for parents and family members
- A Level II Special Care Nursery - physicians and nurses are experienced in treatments to address high-risk conditions such as prematurity, infection and respiratory distress
- Feeding instruction – bedside instruction on breastfeeding or formula feeding by board certified lactation consultants
- “Rooming In” – we encourage moms and babies to be together as much as possible throughout the hospital stay
- Access to the most experienced Level IIIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region – this is the highest level of care that an infant can receive, staffed by board-certified neonatologists, specially-trained nurses, respiratory therapists, dieticians, breast feeding consultants, social workers and pastoral care counselors
- Access to a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center – with sonographers trained in identifying Down syndrome markers during early scans
- Security – an FBI-reviewed security system tracks baby’s movement within the hospital, offering added security for your baby
Take a virtual tour of The Family Birthing Center.
Every room includes:
- Large, private labor and delivery rooms
- Versatile and comfortable birthing bed
- Private bath and shower
- Flat screen televisions with cable access
- Room service
Our Extensive Network of Physicians
We offer access to Cincinnati and Dayton area specialists in these and other related disciplines:
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- High-risk perinatology (high-risk pregnancy)
- Neonatology (care for newborns)
Patient Friendly Communication System
Every detail of our birth center was designed with your best interest in mind. That’s why we use a noise-free nurse call system. The press of a button quietly alerts your nurse and the nursing station with a call light. This system promotes a quick response from caregivers and eliminates loud, overhead paging—so you can rest undisturbed.
Content Updated: August 18, 2016