Awards and Recognition
A Legacy of Excellence
Atrium Medical Center is built on the 90-year legacy of Middletown Regional Hospital’s leadership in quality medical care and expertise of its physicians and staff. The following awards, recognition, and accreditations demonstrate the success of the hospital’s quality measures.
Awards and Recognition
The Joint Commission Accreditation
Atrium consistently earns the highest level of accreditation from The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest health care accrediting body.
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Atrium was named the first accredited Chest Pain Center in Butler and Warren counties by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). This is the highest possible accreditation for chest pain and is awarded only to hospitals that have met strict criteria to address, diagnose and treat patients with chest pain. Atrium received “Accreditation with PCI” (percutaneous intervention) meaning Atrium meets SCPC’s standards for performing angioplasty.
Primary Stroke Center Certification
Atrium’s Stroke Program is one of only 18 hospitals in the state to be certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, earning the Gold Seal of Approval™ for stroke care.
Rehabilitation Program Honors
Atrium’s rehab program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and in 2007 the program received the Top Performer Award from Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR). UDSMR is the nation’s most widely used system for evaluating the outcomes for medical rehabilitation.
Other Awards and Recognition
In addition to the awards and accreditations listed above, departments within the hospital have regularly received accreditation from a number of accrediting bodies and governmental agencies:
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- American College of Radiology—MRI, mammography, and ultrasound
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer—Accreditation with Commendation, through 2013
- American College of Surgeons, Level III Trauma Center Verification through 2013
- American Diabetes Association
- College of American Pathologists
- Intersocietal Commission of Echocardiography Laboratories - Transthoracic and Transophageal Echocardiography
- Intersocietal Commission of Nuclear Medicine—Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
Other awards include:
- Leadership Award from VHA, 2006
- President’s Award of Honor for Clinical Excellence, 2006
- Greater Cincinnati Health Council Innovative Solutions Finalist Award, 2006
- Nova Award from the American Hospital Association, 1999
- Top 100 Hospital, 1998 and 1999
- Ernest A. Codman Award from The Joint Commission, first-ever recipient, 1997
- Ohio Hospital Association Workplace Safety Award, 1995 through 2006