Preparing for a surgery or other surgical procedure can feel quite overwhelming for a patient. That’s why our supportive, friendly staff of Registered Nurses in the Pre-Admission Testing Department at Atrium Medical Center (Atrium) tries to make this process as seamless and stress-free as possible.
Preparing for a Positive Outcome
Before a patient can undergo a scheduled surgery (inpatient or outpatient) or a procedure such as an endoscopy or cardiac catheterization, the surgeon needs to know that the patient is healthy enough and fully prepared for the procedure. In addition, patients and their families often have many questions and concerns, and tending to these things before surgery not only makes the process go much more smoothly, it also offers the patient greater peace of mind.
The registered nurses (RNs) in the Pre-Admission Testing Department do many things to help patients prepare for surgery.
- They ensure that the patient is in the best health possible and doesn’t have any infections or other medical issues that could complicate the surgery.
- They run any necessary tests, such as EKGs, blood work, or other lab tests.
- They obtain all clearances from specialists.
- They give pre-surgery instructions to patients, including food/drink concerns, and what medications to take or to avoid on the day of surgery.
- They answer all logistics questions from patients and their families.
At Atrium Medical Center, we’ve set up our Pre-Admission Testing Department right in the Outpatient Diagnostic area of our lab, meaning that pre-surgery patients only have to go to one place for everything they need—making the entire process easier, faster, and a great deal more convenient.
Pre-Admission testing is performed within our one-stop Diagnostics Services area just inside the Atrium main entrance on the first floor.
Atrium Medical Center
One Medical Center Dr.
Franklin, OH 45005-1066
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For information about pre-admission testing, call (513) 420-5217.