Outpatient Pre-Authorization and Scheduling
Athena Health Provides Web-based Pre-Admissions
Good Samaritan Hospital, in partnership with Athena Health, features a convenient, web-based solution for pre-admissions - Athena Coordinator. This powerful new system helps you:
- Improve practice efficiency
- Increase ease of scheduling tests and treatments
- Improve continuity of care and patient satisfaction
- Athena facilitates the collection of patient information, scheduling of procedures, pre-admitting of both inpatients and outpatients and transmission of patient data to appropriate areas.
To access the athena Coordinator you will need a username and password to log in or call (205) 970-3344 or 800.981.5084.
What Are The Benefits?
AthenaCoordinator obtains pre-certification and verifies insurance coverage for both the physician and hospital, regardless of payor.
- FREE to the physician's offices
- Web-based program
- Produces an electronic order
- Performs a “medical necessity” check for Medicare patients
- Can route requests to scheduling
- Pre-registers patients, which improves the patient's check-in process and satisfaction
- Reduces pre-certification, insurance and demographic errors
- Reduces insurance denials
- Same and Next Day Pre-certification
Good Samaritan Hospital and Athena Health are happy to present you with the option to allow Athena to assist you in your same and next day pre-certification needs:
- You will use the same username and password that you currently use
- Since it is a same or next day request you will need to schedule the patient yourself and choose the “Same/Next Day” option in the Scheduling box
- Choose the “Other” option in the “PreCertify” box to allow it to be entered for a same/next day procedure
- Be sure to send all clinical to Proxsys immediately to insure the pre-certification process begins in a timely manner
- If there are any questions, you can contact one of your local team leaders.
Who to Contact for More Information on Athena Health
Athena On-Site Team Leader
(937) 286-7201 (cell)
Scheduling throughout Premier is as simple as one phone call to (937) 499-5299.
Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Patient Access Operations Liaison
DISCLAIMER:Atrium Medical Center does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.