Atrium Medical Center offers patients a wide range of heart care — from prevention and diagnosis through interventional procedures, surgery and rehabilitation.
In 2010, Atrium was the fi rst hospital in Butler and Warren counties to receive full Cycle III Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC). The accreditation recognizes Atrium’s ability to quickly assess, diagnose and treat patients who may be experiencing a heart attack.
Atrium has equipped local EMS squads with in-fi eld 12-lead EKGs that transmit readings directly to the Emergency Trauma Center. This ensures that a cardiologist and catheterization lab staff are ready and waiting when the STEMI patient arrives at Atrium and is benefi cial as AMC moves toward a “straight to cath lab” model.
Atrium has three cardiac catheterization labs, including an electrophysiology laboratory, a large operating room dedicated to heart surgery, 15-bed coronary intensive care unit (CICU), 16-bed coronary telemetry unit (CTU) and 10-bed cardiovascular surgical intensive care unit (CVSICU).
Inpatient heart services are located on the second floor, next to Surgical Services.
Anywhere, anytime electronic access to patient medical records is available through Epic.
- Nuclear cardiology
- Stress testing
- Event monitoring/Holter monitoring
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograms/stress echocardiogram
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission of Echocardiography Laboratories for Transthoracic and Transophageal Echocardiography and by the Intersocietal Commission of Nuclear Medicine for Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
Interventional and Surgical Capabilities
- Digital coronary angiography
- Radial approach for diagnostic cath and interventional procedures
- Cardiac and peripheral vascular stent placement
- Electrophysiology, including insertion of pacemakers and ICDs and ablation for cardiac arrhythmias
- Coronary artery bypass graft
- Valve repair and replacement
- MAZE procedures
Heart Failure Initiatives
- Atrium participates in the IHI Starr initiatives to decrease avoidable readmissions
Follow Up and Prevention
After heart attack or surgery, patients begin rehabilitation in the CVSICU and continue rehab as outpatients. Atrium also offers an eight-week prevention program of exercise and education for those at risk.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Download printable version.
Learn more about the Heart Center at Atrium.
<< Back to Hospital Services and Facilities.