Family Birth Center
The Family Birth Center at Atrium Medical Center welcomes expectant mothers and their families with homelike labor, delivery, and The Family Birth Center, located on the third floor at Atrium Medical Center, welcomes expectant mothers and their families with homelike labor, delivery and recovery (LDR) rooms. Our modern birth center includes two operating rooms, a Level II nursery and a postpartum unit with all private rooms. GYN surgical patients also stay on this floor.
Highly Qualifi ed Staff
All Family Birth Center physicians and nurses are certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Many of our nurses have achieved specialty certifications, including inpatient obstetrics, maternal-newborn nursing, electronic fetal monitoring and more.
- Ultrasound monitoring
- Genetic testing
- Infertility testing and counseling
- Non-stress tests
- Three triage rooms, each with a fetal monitor and bathroom
- Childbirth education classes
Delivery Facilities and Services
- Labor and Delivery
- Six homelike LDR rooms with jetted tubs for pain relief and relaxation, flat screen televisions and music docking stations
- Two Cesarean section operating rooms
- Surgical recovery room
- Three private triage rooms with private restrooms
- Relaxation equipment available including whirlpool spa, jetted tubs, aromatherapy machines, birthing balls, birthing bars and more
- Baby rooming in with mother is encouraged
- Transitional nursery care offered at bedside and transitional nursery area if needed
- Six-bassinet Level II Special Care Nursery
- Neonatologists on-call around the clock
- 23-bed Mother-Baby Care Unit
- All private rooms with space for baby to room-in with mother
- Equipped with medical gases, ophthalmoscopes and otoscopes so pediatrician can do baby’s first check-up in mother’s room
- Whirlpool spa
- Larger room designed for families with multiple births
- Flat screen televisions with free movies and room service
- Lactation consultant available
- Unlimited visitation for fathers and flexible visitation for siblings and grandparents
Care for Seriously Ill Newborns
Full-time neonatologists from The Children’s Medical Center of Dayton are available to respond to the needs of seriously ill newborns. Infants can quickly be transported to a nearby hospital if they need additional neonatal intensive care services.
Download printable version.
Learn more about the Family Birth Center at Atrium.
<< Back to Hospital Services and Facilities.