Atrium’s cancer care program provides complete cancer care, from diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation. We offer advanced imaging, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, the da Vinci® Si HD Surgical System and extensive clinical trials.
Radiation oncology and infusion therapy services are located in The Compton Center, next to Atrium Medical Center.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- MammoSite® radiation therapy
- Prostate seed implantation
- Chemotherapy in 12 private bays
- Biological therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Supportive infusion therapy such as blood transfusions, iron infusions, IV antibiotics and IV hydration
- da Vinci® Si HD Surgical System
- Computed tomography (CT): Two 64-slice, one 16-slice CT scanners
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) Two MRI units, including one high-fi eld, large opening/short bore Siemens MAGNETOM Espree™ with 1.5 Tesla magnet to provide superior image quality while accommodating larger patients.
- Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (PET-CT) mobile unit for 3-D imaging
- Women’s imaging
- Full-field digital mammography with Image Checker Computer-Aided Detection
- Breast biopsies: fine-needle aspiration, core biopsy, MRI-guided and ultrasound-guided stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound of the breast
- MRI of the breast
- Pathology and laboratory services
Atrium offers more than 50 clinical trials through the Dayton Clinical Oncology Program, funded by the National Cancer Institute.
- A team of registered dieticians, rehabilitation specialists and social workers
- Look Good…Feel Better program for women
- Healthy Steps (also known as the Lebed Method) exercise and movement program
- Boutique with wigs, hats and scarfs
- Inpatient and outpatient hospice care
- Dietary supplements through social services/nutrition services
- Onsite dedicated pharmacist
- Cancer research center with Internet access for patients
Download printable version.
Learn more about Cancer Care at Atrium.
<< Back to Hospital Services and Facilities.