Atrium’s da Vinci® Si HD Surgical System gives surgeons enhanced high-definition 3D vision and a dual-console capability to support training.
Originally introduced for prostate surgery, the system is now also being used for gynecological and thoracic procedures.
Benefits for the Patient
Advanced anesthesia and minimally invasive surgical procedures mean patients are able to move about and recover more quickly. Patients benefit from:
- Less pain
- Less scarring
- Less risk of infection
- Diminished blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Shorter recovery time
- Quicker return to normal activities
Candidates for Robotic Surgery
Currently the da Vinci robotic surgical system is being used for:
- Laparoscopic procedures including:
- Excision of myomas and fibroids
- Ovarian cyst removal
- Removal of fallopian tubes
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Cancer treatment surgeries
- Prostate, kidney and thoracic surgeries
Advantages of the da Vinci System
The da Vinci provides the surgeon with the intuitive control, range of motion, fine tissue manipulation capability and 3D visualization characteristic of open surgery, while allowing the surgeon to work through tiny incisions typical of minimally invasive surgery. Benefits include:
- Revolutionary true-to-life 3D vision
- Bright, crisp, high-resolution image
- Immersive view of the surgical field
- Magnification of the surgical area by 10 times
To Refer a Patient
Numerous Atrium surgeons are credentialed for robotic surgery in specialties including urology, gynecology and thoracic. To refer a patient, call CareFinders toll free at 1-866-608-FIND (3463).
Download printable version.
Learn more about Robotic Surgery at Atrium.
Back to Hospital Services and Facilities.