CareFlight Air & Mobile Services of Dayton, Ohio, is excited to extend an invitation to physicians,
nurses, paramedics, EMTs, firefighters, dispatchers, respiratory therapists, and police officers to fly with us. Riders will have the
opportunity to observe for two eight-hour shifts at Miami Valley Hospital or a remote base. We are also offering the opportunity to
ride-along on one of our Mobile Intensive Care Units. There is also an opportunity to earn up to four hours of EMS continuing education
during the ride-along.
- The following requirements must be met by all participants:
- Completion of a safety briefing at the beginning of each shift.
- A signed waiver and confidentiality agreement on file.
- Weight not to exceed 200 pounds for aircraft riders, including helmet and winter attire. **Per federal regulations, you will be weighed upon arrival. MICU riders will not be weighed.**
- Proper professional attire to include dark pants (no jeans), white shirt, and sturdy, hard sole shoes.
- No cameras/video equipment during patient transports.
We look forward to seeing everyone, as this is a great opportunity for us to interact with all of our customers. We do ask for some
flexibility, as some shifts may need to be altered, due to operational issues of the department, weather, clinical times, or routine
maintenance. Parking and meals are at your own expense.
The registration will be different this season. Registration forms will only be accepted from April 28 until May 12, 2014. There
will be 50 riders accepted this season, with preference given to riders who did not ride along within the last year. To register, go to
site for the registration form.
Thank you for your continued interest and support of CareFlight Air & Mobile Services.
<< Back to the April 2014 issue of Premier Pulse