Senior Emergency Center
Atrium Medical Center offers senior-friendly emergency care to older adults and their families in southwest Ohio in its new Senior Emergency Center.
Instead of the bright lights, loud noises and fast pace that can make a hospital emergency department confusing and uncomfortable for seniors, Atrium’s Senior Emergency Center has been designed for the unique needs of older adults. To help them and their families feel more comfortable, the center features:
- Eight private rooms exclusively for senior patients, located within Atrium’s Emergency Trauma Center
- Senior-friendly amenities: Fall monitors, additional railings, non-skid floors, hearing assistance, turable lighting, soothing colors and reduced noise levels
- Separate waiting room for seniors’ families
- Staff specially trained in listening, assessing and addressing the needs of older adults
More Than Emergency Care
Our goal is to understand the full spectrum of a senior’s health care needs and create a plan to meet them, both in the hospital and at home.
Our senior-trained staff uses evidence-based screening tools to determine each patient’s needs, which may include:
- Immediate medical care in the Senior Emergency Center or admission for inpatient care
- Evaluation of medications to help ensure that all are necessary and compatible
- Changes at home to improve health and safety
A Better Experience for Seniors
Atrium’s senior-friendly services will change the way older adults experience emergency care, hospital care and even care at home. Our Senior Emergency Center is committed to ensuring seniors receive the special treatment they deserve.
Content Updated: April 27, 2017