As a patient in our Family Birth Center, you may take advantage of our complimentary massage therapy services. We offer chair and full body massages in the peaceful surroundings of our spa room or we can bring services to you in your private room.
Massage helps our new moms ease the physical and emotional discomforts before, during and after childbirth. It can:
- Reduce swelling in hands, feet, and ankles
- Lessen sciatic pain
- Ease muscular discomforts
- Help increase blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety or depression
- Stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- Ease stress mothers often feel after birth
- Aid in the healing process
Our licensed massage therapist also works with parents to learn about the benefits of infant massage.
During your stay, please ask your nurse if our licensed massage therapist is available for a massage.
What do I do next?